Monday, September 27, 2010

6th Sailing, 9/25/10









Miracles happen! Margaret actually asked me if I wanted to go sailing? Needless to say I jumped at the offer and we took out to Lake Claiborne for a couple hours. We put in around noon and left the lake after 2 p.m. The winds were moderate for a awhile then died altogether. The winds were constant for about an hour so we were able to sail pretty far. We put in at the public landing and made it all the way to the dam area close to the state park. According to my GPS we averaged 2.5 mph with a high of 9 mph. It still gets hot during the afternoon but we are being promised a major cooling off in the weather this week. Margaret actually got into sailing holding the sheets and using the tiller. I keep telling her we are going to add the tent and go boat camping for the weekend to Lake Quichita... she keeps giving be the "read my lips" rouitine saying something like if our trip doesn't come with indoor plumbing, AC, and maid service, forget it!

No comments: