Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sailing Cross lake (5th Sailing) 9/17/2010


The motor was up for about 20 minutes,
the rest of the time we needed it.


Behind Larry you can see some of the beautiful
sites of Cross Lake.

We put the boat in at Cross Lake in Shreveport, Bossier (9/17/2010) for a couple of hours today. Larry Jernigan was brave enough to go with me again, his second sailing trip with me. Very little wind for most of the time, got in about 20 minutes of actual sailing, the rest was motoring around the lake. I am so thankful for my little 6 hp Yamaha. It really pushes the boat along nicely. The wind did come up for a few minutes and we were able to work on sail power alone. The winds weren't strong but the Wind Ketcher caught the wind and did well.
The heat was unbearable! These 100 plus temp days at the beginning of Fall is horrible. It takes the fun out of sailing in a hurry.
Every time I go out, I learn something new about sailing, rigging the boat, etc. I guess these low wind days are good training for me before we get some of the October gusts.

No comments: