Friday, September 10, 2010

September 4th, 2010, Sardis Lake, Mississippi


My great niece


Showing off my boat to my nephew


Well, Wind Ketcher has been out 4 times since she took to the water. The best sailing experience was over Labor Day Weekend. I'm finally getting a feel for sailing. My daughter and her husband and my sister went out with us on Sardis Lake in North Mississippi. We sailed over 2 hours. The wind started very slow but finally started blowing. The boat handled really well in the stronger winds. We were able to plane out and she really moved over the water. Bethany and Brenda got out of the boat to swim. I had to make about four passes before we got them picked up. With the stronger winds the boat was very maneuverable. I surprised myself with the ease it took to come back to the same place in the water several times with nothing but sail for power. Now I'm looking for stronger winds. It definitely becomes fun when I can "ketch" a strong wind.

No comments: